Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rockport Weekend


A dream come true! As a child I used to love to watch Salt Water Taffy being made on the pier in Onset MA. Two years ago year I discovered the cute little shop was long gone.  I  began my quest to find a candy house that still made it the old fashion way.

Found Tucks in Rockport. From the outside window you can watch the blob of taffy turn into long aerated strands. From the inside of the store you can watch the candy master feed these long pieces into the 1900's antique Cutting and Wrapping machine.

The results are heavenly bits of taffy delights. All flavors displayed in a wooden row boat that takes up 1/2 of the sweet little store.

BTW, there are only two Saltwater taffy shops on the cape left. I found one in South Yarmouthport on route 28 but the machines were not working at the time I visited. There is another in Provencetown, I have not seen. They make "Mermaid" Taffy their byline is: "Carmels of the Sea"! Don't you love it?

A block away from the bustling shop lined street of Bear Neck is this quaint little row of TINY HOUSES. One side of the street sports all these natural colored shingles, the other side has a few surprises...BAM ...color and lots of it on the new clapboard siding. I love them all! 

 Bear Neck ends with a pier and a walkway out to the ocean. A circle of stone benches provide visitors a place to sit and enjoy the breeze and scenery. Downtown is the beautiful Shalin Liu Performance center with the ocean as it's backdrop.

And finally the reason husband and I are in Rockport. The wedding of my BFF's son Matt and his now wife; Amanda. A fabulous time was had by all at the Rockport Country club. Dinner, dancing and desert following a sweet outdoor ceremony with a few good laughs. Great families joined together to celebrate the night way.

No comments:

Post a Comment