Saturday, March 25, 2017

The School House SHOP HOP!

Top right & bottom lt:Red Barn in Merrimac. Bottom rt.: Bunkhouse Quilt shop in Lyndeborough.
 Oh my goodness what a fun day. I have heard of these shop hops were a handful of shops sorta put on a party and attendees flock from shop to shop. but never been on one. I was up at 6 am and ready to ride with my quilting club friends to New Hampshire. To start with we all signed up and purchased our tickets ahead of time. We received a useful turquoise messenger bag with directions and instructions...like a treasure hunt.

At each shop we got a free square of fabric, a quilt pattern, and chances at raffles. Plus free brunch, lunch or desert according to the time of day. Also, almost every shop had a demonstration going on. I learned lots of new techniques. So many fabulous quilts and inspiration! The pin wheel pattern above was one of the giveaway instructional. I LOVE it! But I would make it in my colors.
Top lt.: Daniel's.Top right & bottom lt:Quilted Threads in Henniker. Bottom rt.: Cobblestone Quilts in Townsed.
 Had we know there would be so much to eat we probably would not have stopped to eat at Daniel's in Henniker near the Quilted Threads (one of my favorite shops for their choices of bright colors). But this eatery was lovely with a view of the water and the falling SNOW! What snow??
At the Bunkhouse we spied this cheater quilt patterned bag that I had to have. Decided the pattern was to hard so I just got the fabric. Then at our next shop The quilted Crow, They were giving away a EASY travel tote pattern. So I am now ready to make a tote...and more cloth hen pincushions of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment