Sunday, June 1, 2014

Art Gallery Reception, Book signing & Slide Show



 It was a lovely clear evening for the reception. My friend Ruth on the left surprised me by finding out about the opening on my blog and driving down from New Hampshire!

My neighbor Annie stopped by after work. Annie was the inspiration for my "Love Mandala". It will be her wedding present.

I had many people interested in my framed Mandalas, and I sold quite a few of my new coloring books: Coloring Ms. Moffatt's Meditative Mandalas (a coloring book of art inspired by life nature and the cosmos)

 Sandy Valpey Cordts (on right) who teaches CE classes with me at Rhode Island School of Design, came and shot these photos. Unfortunately the lighting wasn't great for "people" photos. It was however wonderful for the 30 pieces of art on display

 I gave a little demo on how to color and how to blend the colors. Having recently taught a Mandala class, I discovered not everyone knows how to lay down a nice block of color with out streaking.

I always use Prisma Color Pencils, but for the demo I brought Crayola Twistables, that worked quite well.






Susan Gula who works on the Library's Cultural Council (lavender sweater) was the woman who arranged to have me come to the gallery. She arranged a space and provided delicious homemade goodies and punch in the room with the on-going slide show. 
The Library was beautiful! The gallery was a well lit space off the library with a generous window letting in natural light.

I enjoyed having my show in their excellent facilities. Now I will kick back and read the gallery guestbook that is filled with nice comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment