Friday, July 3, 2009

Rhode Island School of Design's Children's Book Illustration Summer class


This week I was a guest speaker at my friend and colleague Cheryl Kirk Noll's class at RISD. Cheryl has been teaching Children's book illustration for many years (she also heads up the Children's book illustration Certificate Program). Cheryl's summer class has long been a favorite at RISD and I enjoyed talking about my experiences in Children's books. Read more about the certificate program here!
My Nephew Sam who is attending Johnson & Wales helped his Aunt haul her bag of books to the class room.




Students hard at work before class.


Good thing Sam came along. It would have been hard to turn on the projector with out a ladder. As you can see teacher Cheryl didn't have a prayer of reaching it!








Some of the students. Future Children's Book Illustrators check out my books and sketches.

1 comment:

  1. I know they enjoyed and benefited from your presentation!

    ReplyDelete