Sunday, July 13, 2014

Celebrate Medway Day! More Mandalas

Celebrate Medway Day will be this Saturday (July 19th) at the Thayer House and Choate Park. The fun begins at 2 and wraps up at 9 PM, with live band music and fire works!

Come by Thayer house and have yourself some coloring fun with the kids! I'll be there with FREE pages, colored pencils and crayons.

I'm finishing up a pond with fish and frogs for the younger kids (you can see a bit of the sketch on the left by the lilies). And I will have copies of one of my coloring book pages for older kids and grown ups to color.

On display will be more of my Mandalas along with some original art by my students!

 I have been working on a new Mandala celebrating old time Medway with elements from our historic town: The boot shop, Fisher straw shop, the first church in Medway, and the railroad.

I struggled to decide what to place in the center. Then on my drive through town this weekend I saw hundreds of wild orange lilies in bloom...and that was it!  
This is the final black and white art that I will be working on Saturday.





See you Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment