Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Your model is closer than you think!

 I've been trying to imagine how to fit a cat into a circular shape for a new design I'm working on.

I made page after page of sketches and nothing was quite right.

One morning when I was sipping my tea, I looked down at the sunny patch on the floor, and there was Tinkerbell posing for me!

 I got lots of shots as she joyously wriggled on her back on the well designed round rug in the sunlight!

Presently I'm teaching part of an illustration course at Rhode Island school of Design. To help my students with some of their difficult compositions, I've been preaching "look at life or take a photo!"

Sometimes real life is a better inspiration than what you can't quite imagine in your head.

Thank you Tinkerbell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment