Sunday, March 25, 2018

Quilters SHOP HOP

Headed off on my second Shop Hop Friday morning with quilting friends Joyce and Pam. This is a yearly event that has been happening for about 6 years now. Our first stop on our Five Hop journey was Quilted Threads in Henniker NH. This is the biggest shop of all five, and I think it is my favorite. I was looking for more beautiful panels by illustrator Julie Paschkis. And I found them! A set of panels made for the four seasons (pictured below with the patterns). Unfortunately the winter season was sold out :(...of course it was my favorite.

 Each store serves delicious food, gives away a free pattern, has an on going demonstration, and passes out a free "Fat Quarter" of fabric. You can make a lot with a fat quarter (a 1/4 yard of fabric cut square instead of long).

So far I have added pillow covers to my list of things to make.

The next stop is The Red Barn Sewing and Yarn Center. This adorable little store boasts 4,5000 bolts of fabric. it is in Merrimac MA. Here I fall in love with some Laura Burch animal print fabric and get a coordinating print to go with it. Joyce promises to help me make a sewing tote.

The ladies here are very helpful. And they have a good bunch of sale fabrics.

Bunkhouse Quilt shop is next in Lydenborough NH. The owner and her husband have made the best displays and the food is great, Soup, crackers and cheese and homemade desserts.

I purchase a delightful fabric with a tea pot and cup pattern. I have a pattern at home for a tea cozy. This is the year I'll make it...I'm inspired!

On to Cobble Stone Quilts in Townsend MA. We listen to a talk on threads for the sewing machine. I am sold on Aurifil, a 100 Egyptian Cotton. The woman has close up pictures of
competing threads showing lots of hairs that will clog your sewing machine.
Look at the cute pattern for the Hawaiian shirt square. Husband wears shirts like this, maybe I should make something incorporating this idea.

Last stop is the Quilted Crow in Bolton MA. Here we "Graduate" from the school house Shop Hop and get a prize. We are also entered into the grand prize drawing, a $75 gift certificate from each of the 5 stores! and a punch card that saves us %20 on anything we purchase May-June.


We had lunch in Henniker at a great restaurant called Daniels on the water. Very relaxing, pretty view, good food.

 I try to dress in the colors of the School house bags. Last year was turquoise, this year was lavender. Easy for me! How long does a trip like this take? We left Medway at 10:00  AM and got back at 6:00 PM. A full day of fun! Can't wait for next year (or to win the grand prize and go back to visit all the stores again.



No comments:

Post a Comment