Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Inspirational Monday: Color

Close up of cover art
I'm working on the cover to my new conveniently sized Traveling Coloring Book (5 1/2 x 8 1/2). Creating this book has been a lot fun but the coloring part is still my favorite.

Just wanted to share a couple enjoyable color combos I discovered. All colors I'll mention are PRISMACOLOR as I have not yet found a nicer pencil.

The Dragonfly is Parrot Green on the bottom and Peacock on the top. Love that combo!
The stem of the flowers: Grass Green. The outer edge of the leaves: Spring Green with Grass Green over it (makes the green kinda glow). And the inside of the leaves: Spring Green & Chartreuse.

I adore the way the dragonfly's wing look with the lighter colors of the flower showing thru to make it look transparent.


Desk view of the project
 The full page will fold in two to create the front and back cover. I have a sample already folded where I test my colors. I keep track of my colors on a color pallet I've created that you can download for FREE HERE! I hope to get this book together by Mid September.

Can't wait 'till then? Check out my two Coloring Books at MsMoffatt.Etsy.com

#MsMoffatt  #ColoringBooks  #AdultColoring #JudithMoffatt #Mandalas #MerryMandalas #MandalaMonday #MeditativeMandalas #Garden #cat

No comments:

Post a Comment