Sunday, February 24, 2013

Zentangle

Inspired by FAN member Jean Cotton's circular Zentangle yesterday, I went home and looked into this fascinating technique/movement. More than a doodle, it's got some very cool EASY visual tricks, turning your doodles into works of art.
In my Owl and his Pussy Cats piece below I learned how to make the Auraknot (see the Pussy cats frame) and the Betweed (see the owl's head). I made these two forms then worked the rest of the art around them. I had no idea what I was making until it was complete...or is it? So much fun!
Find your Zen by checking out Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas's UTube instructional at  Zentangle.


1 comment:

  1. What fun! Thanks for posting the link to the utube instructions. Love your Betweed owl and Auraknot kitties!

    ReplyDelete