Wednesday, July 22, 2015

New Yorks Parks and Gardens Day One

My excuse for visiting New York City was the artist "Frida Kahlo's Look-a-like Contest" at the New York Botanical Garden. Usually I travel to NY on business, this trip was just for FUN!

The NY Botanical gardens were ablaze with color with over 50 Fridas. There was also an area where visitors could spread out a blanket and make their own floral crowns. This increased the moving bouquet of colorful people.

Inside the conservatory there where small replicas of Frida's famous Casa Azul (blue house), and her husband Diego Rivera's house. The actual houses are in Mexico beside each other with a bridge joining them.


Being a costume enthusiast I had the best time transforming myself into a this famous Mexican icon.

 The gardens where expansive. One could spend the whole day there and not see it all.

Here is my friend Karen Loccisano in her Frida garb walking thru the garden paths. It was about 90 degrees and my black wig got just a touch warm, but it was so much fun hanging out with all the gorgeous ladies who actually had black hair and Frida's complexion.  


No comments:

Post a Comment